Thursday, August 16, 2007

**Studio Friday**


This is my "bluebird" of happiness. Yes- he is orange, but he makes me smile every time I see him. He is not only my newest addition to the craft room, but he is also my favorite.

I found him in a wild bird food store and just HAD to have him for the craft room. Is it because I have 4 birds of my own? Is it his cute blue beak? Is it the curly wires for a tail?? I am not sure, but he has been my inspiration for the last few weeks. He sits on a shelf in the craft room and is one of the first things I see when I walk in.


I have a tendency to get caught up in my crafts, and take them too seriously. Bluebird (Yes- that is his name) reminds me that cute and whimsical is just as "artsy" as some stuffy over thought SB page. He also reminds me to use color in ways that I usually do not. I admit it- I use a lot of creams and tan and kacki in my pages, and since he came along, I have been going wild with color. Lime green, neon blue, deep red and (gasp!) orange had crept into my pages- All thanks to bluebird.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your orange blubird is just so fun, thanks for posting him and writing about him. Made me smile

Artifax said...

What a bright and cheerful little bird!

Also, I like your quote of the day today :)

Unknown said...

Your bird is a delight! So glad he is inspiring you!!!

sheetal patel said...

so sweet! what a fun item to look at every day!

Anonymous said...

Great topic this week. I like how colorful your Bluebird is.

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

Your bird is so cute! I just love his bright color and tail, so bold and daring! I love the earthy tone colors very much but have found myself going to more vibrant colors when I can.

isay said...

adorable blebird!i like it being orange!

Going For Greatness said...

Lovely little bird. I would have chosen him as well! I LOVE orange and my daughter collects birds. How cute and inspiring he is!!
~Gabi
http://goingforgreatness.blogspot.com/2007/08/studio-friday-august-17th-2007.html

Anke Martin said...

Sooo cute!!!! NO wonder you had to buy it! I would have too. Enjoy making whimsical art, it's so much fun!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online