Thursday, December 6, 2007

I Surrender!


Fever- Check.
Stuffy head- check.
Sneezing- Check.
Throat on Fire- Check.
Bottle of Nyquil and a king size bed- CHECK!


I have been hit with a mini plauge. I was feeling kinda "off" on monday and tuesday. But there was a Brush fire around here, and I blamed the sore throat and sneezing on the smoke that was lingering in the air. Well yesterday it all hit the fan. I had a fever, and was chilled (I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with a jacket with the heater on and it was 77 outside). But I gave in, went home from work, slept all afternoon, and last night I took the Nyquil.

John is not very fond of it, but it is one of my best friends, and I surrendered to the bliss that I knew it would bring. I took a half dose, and was asleep in about 15 minutes. I didn't MOVE last night. I woke up in the same spot that I feel alseep in & I still had a clip in my hair this morning, and it didn't move either.

I slept like the dead last night, and when I woke up this morning I felt better. Not well, but better. I am sitting here at work, drinking hot water with Lemon and Honey (trust me, that works better than any cough drop that I have ever used!) and sitting back here waiting for the phone to ring and happy that I feel a bit better.
I love you Nyquil.... you are the best.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hi Lauren! So cool to hear there is another French Vanilla coffee loving, scrapbooking addicted Gemini out there! haha...your blog is great! So sorry to hear you're sick though, hope you feel better soon! :)
-Lindsay

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online