Monday, September 17, 2007

Yep! It's Monday alright

Whew! I am SO feeling the Monday Blues today. It is more a black hole of one thing after another, but it is not depressing- just exhausting.

Had Lots of fun this weekend. Thursday and Friday night I spent in the Craft room Cleaning and trying to get it more organized. It is always a mess in there, but for the first time in a long time, I can see most of the floor, almost all my "extra" scrapbooking stuff is picked up (meaning there are not half finished projects all over the place, with all the "maybes" that I might use piled on top of them). It was nice to see everything start coming together. It went from mass Chaos and impossible to find anything, and now it is mostly clean and organized.

I then spent some time on Saturday at Walmart and a scrapbook store with my Friend Candi. (Candy, Candi... I am not sure how she spells it now that I think about it), and Yes, before you ask, I did buy more things to put in the now cleaner Craft room- but I am proud to say that most of it is now in it's proper place, and not in a pile awaiting use or placement. I also got a craving to Bake Cupcakes and decorate them, and so Saturday night I made a batch of cupcake and colored some frosting for some Sunday fun.

On Sunday Candi and I went Yard Sale\Estate Sale hunting in Pismo Beach\Grover Beach area. We didn't find much to look at (maybe next time we will check the paper first) but it was the thrill of the hunt that was so fun. We also went to lunch and drove around a bit after that, went to Avila Valley Barn and explored. I tasted Concord grapes for the first time and also my first flavored "honey stick". It was weird but tasty =)
I then went home and decorated some festive "fall" cupcakes. I wish that I would have taken pictures all weekend, but alas, I didn't.

Sunday night John and I went to dinner at Candi & Clarence's house. It was a huge tasty feast. Chips and my special guacamole for appetizers, and we together made Steak, Candi's awesome Salad, Corn on the Cob, Baked Potatoes, Wine, and then the Festive Cupcakes for dessert. At the time I didn't think that I ate too much, but in retrospect it was way too much! The scale was up 2 pounds and I woke up last night feeling like I ate a bowling ball... ugh... but it was good times.

But this morning Monday rolled around with a Bang. I was over tired and it was after my shower before I started to wake up. My stomach was still stuffed and I didn't even bother with breakfast. I walked out to my car to go to work and poof.... my car battery was as dead as a doornail. I caught a ride with John to work and we came home at lunch and had to buy a new battery for my car and install it before I was able to leave for my other job. I cannot complain too much- that battery has never been changed the entire time that I owned the car (and that has been 6 years so far) and so this one should last quite awhile.

Work is pretty decent for a Monday, but I just want to go home, make some tea and take a nap... oh well... there is always next Saturday (sigh).

Happy Monday all!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online