Monday, June 25, 2007

So Many Changes

Well I spoke with one of my oldest and dearest guy friends today. His name is Anthony and we are the kinda friends that, yeah- it has probably been 8 months since we last spoke, but we pick up right where we left off, and we can talk about absolutely anything without any awkwardness or judgement. He lives in northern CA and is about 3.5 hours away- and I miss seeing him as much as I used to. (it has been almost 2 years since we last saw each other)
Our first meeting was almost a fluke, but we were best buds by the end of the day and have been close ever since.

Well he got married about....um 3 years ago I think, and when I spoke with him today he told me that they just bought a house, and they were also expecting their first Child. She is not too far along (3 months) and they get to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow. I am SO excited for him! I know that he is going to be the best of dads.

It makes me a bit sad though at the same time. When I went to visit my pen pal Rebecca every 6-12 months, we would all hang out and get along (he used to be her neighbor- that is how I met him).... and now Rebecca is married and looking forward to starting a family, Anthony is married and expecting a baby- and a few of the others in "the group" are married--- and I am one of the last who is not in "that place".... - well I AM in that place, but John is not there yet.
Oh well.... soon I hope. (John and I have been dating almost 3 years now so I hope that things will start moving that direction soon)

But I am so Excited for Anthony! hooray for them!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online