Thursday, June 14, 2007

Why oh Why?

" How like herrings and onions our vices are in the morning after we have committed them." ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

How true that is! Last night I was left alone in the house. John had to go out of town overnight on business and so I was by my lonesome last night. Alone- in the house- on a hot evening- with a entire brand new quart of Dryers Mocha almond fudge Ice cream & a fresh new bottle of Chocolate Fudge magic Shell (that chocolate sauce that turns hard on contact with the icecream)... can you see where this is going?

Well you guessed it... I ended up over-doing it (again). No, I didn't eat the entire container of Ice cream, heck I didn't even eat 1/4 of it, but I did have 2 full bowls and half a bottle of that magic shell (oh what a weakness I have for that stuff!). And I stayed up on a work night until 11:00 watching quilty pleasure TV. But this Morning I was over-tired and still ice cream hungover..... ugh... few things are as strong as the lure of Junk TV and snacking- especally when you know that no one will ever know about it (aka the boyfriend who is trying to make sure you stick with your diet at least a little bit)

E! TV has the most lame but fully entrancing shows. I had laughed at the concept of the show "Sunset Tan" but I will admit that I spent over a hour watching it last night and had to force myself to turn it off so that i could get up early the next morning.

Besides myself, both my art projects and my bathroom scale is glad that John will be home tonight and I will once again become a faithfull dieter and less a idle tv-monger.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online