Tuesday, June 26, 2007

So Tired

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret

(YAWN) oh- excuse me!
I am SOOOOO sleepy today. John woke up in the middle of the night last night (around 2:45) with a killer Migraine. He was in agony, and no amount of IB profin, cold packs, or neck massages were helping.

Instead of letting him go moan it off in the guest room, I persuaded him to stay in our room. (Otherwise he would have been alone and miserable, and I would have been awake listening to make sure he was ok- so I figured we might as well stay awake together).
As I was laying there last night massaging his neck and trying to not fall asleep on him (we didn't fall alseep until 5:30am I think), I realised that this is the evidence of a what real relationship is.

Relationships are not all about candlelit dinner and movie dates and quiet nights at home. (while they can be part of it- they are so much more than that).
Lasting relationships are ones that take place in the middle of the night when your loved one is in pain and you would rather lay awake and massage his neck and hold his hand than to leave him in agony and go get some needed sleep in the other room. It is climbing out of a warm bed to go scrub a toilet so that is he gets sick, it is as clean as it can be in there.

It is sleeping in a totally uncomfy position, so that you do not wake someone up after they have found some tentative comfort in a light sleep. It is when someone will drop everything to come rescue you on the side of the road when your car breaks down. Or not get mad when I have left my lunch dishes in the sink Again!

It is the bad nights, hard days, and emotional breakdown moments that show you what your relationships are made of. As bad as last night was, I woke up this morning knowing that our relationship was stronger, and that we will be there to weather the bad times together.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online