Thursday, June 14, 2007

Getting crafty

Well... 10 O'clock is here and no sign of John yet... :( I am not used to so much "alone" time in the house. He is only gone for 1 week a year for work, and so with the exception of 21 days over the last 3 years, we have spent every day together. So one of our birds, Sprout, (a parrotlet) and I are hagning out in the office awaiting his return (but since he will probably be home at midnight, I think I will give up watch and go to bed soon).

Well I had started out wanting to make a "idea Journal" for fun, but as I was creating tonight, the project took a turn and headed in a different direction. I am not sure where it is going, but it is more of a art journal than anything else. I am not a big painter on my pages (which I am tying to change) but I have spent the last few hours playing with paint and brushes and in genreal making a huge mess, but loving it.

I always have doubts that what I am making is not a cute as others can make it, or as trendy or whatever. I used to let this get in the way of making things, and projects would end up by the wayside, but I have been spending a lot of time on Donna Downey's blog (
http://donnadowney.typepad.com/ ) and her motto is "Perfect just the way that you create" and I have really been repeating this motto to myself the last few days. No, it may not be magazine worthy, Blog worthy, or even all that cute, but it is somthing that I have created and that is all my own, and that makes it perfect just the way it is.

When I finish it (or at least get more of it done than it is now) I will post some pics and show you what I am making (or trying to make anyway) Good night!
http://donnadowney.typepad.com/

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online