Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Joined the Gym

I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon. ~Ellen DeGeneres

Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. ~Author Unknown

Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes. ~Robert M. HutchinsYoung

I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street. ~Neil Armstrong on jogging

(can you tell how I REALLY feel about it?)

Well I finally did it- I joined the Gym again. I had a membership before, but I was also working 2 jobs that required me to be on my feet all day, and I worked until 7PM- at that point there was NO desire to head to a workout. But now, my 2 jobs require a lot of bootie-sitting time, and I get off work at 5Pm most days. That gives me 2 hours to go to the Gym, get home and make dinner before John gets home.
I hope that I will actually have the motivation to go, but only time will tell.

I have a year long membership, and I am hoping that I will go at least once a week- and maybe more in the future. I HATE working out, and due to bad knees I am limited to what I can do on my own. But with Yoga classes, elliptical cardio machines, and personal trainers- I think that I have a pretty good shot at losing another 30 or 40 pounds.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

RobinZ said...

Hey,

I think you will enjoy the gym more than you think. Try a class or two. This Sat. is the open house and you can check out new things, like the gravity class. That will get you in shape in a hurry. (ouch) Maybe I'll see you there.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! you and me lauren, we should go! ~CHRIS&EVOO&MILO

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online